Thursday, December 15, 2005

The next blog of mine

So what do you write on these things? This is not my journal, and I would not want my journal to be published in cyberspace for all the bytes to read. So what should I write? That my Christmas shopping is almost done? That Tasha has been asked to give a talk in church? That I am going to lunch with Chris Bradford today? That I am trying to decide whether or not to sell my giant snowblower?

I could write the lament of my bubble printer. (I call it a bubble printer because it looks like a gray, metal bubble—but it's much noisier!) It used to be Dad's printer, and I inherited it. it is an HP and it is color. But every now and again (every few hours) it rev's up. It goes through the cycle of waking up. It hums and haws and sounds like it's going to start mowing the lawn. Then it just sits there. I was glad to move it out of Dad's office down to my office because it kept waking me up in the night when it started to "start your engine!". (Sorry Tasha!)
Anyway, last Sunday when I was preparing my Relief Society lesson (before church, which started at 9 am), I wrote out my lesson plan, several signs that I wanted to post on the chalk board, and even some hand-outs with ideas of little items that could be considered Christ-like character developers. As i sat there, my Bubble printer started it's revving up. But it didn't stop when it normally would have. I wondered if I had accidentally sent something to the printer without realizing it. Then I wondered if there was some Higher Power who was thinking of sending me a message of what I COULD say in my lesson. But nothing came out. And, to my chagrin, when I sent my lesson materials to the printer to print, STILL nothing came out. The printer would NOT print——ANYTHING.

Rapidly I printed (BY HAND) a brief lesson plan, and left for church, with no visual aids (except a flashlight under a Jurassic Park flower pot with an angel sitting top, which is another story all itself). I taught my lesson. The next day, Chad came over to fix my printer (after we went to dinner for his birthday). Amazingly enough, it turned out to be that the cartridge was empty. instead of just printing "light", it decided not to print at ALL. Idiot machine! Interesting the timing there. And since there are NO coincidences, you can assign whatever conclusions you wish to the results. Maybe I was going the wrong direction in my lesson. Maybe something I would have said would have offended. Maybe I needed a glass of chocolate milk.

Now see, this is TOO long, with no pictures. People don't read things with no pictures. Maybe I'll take a picture of my bubble printer to post along with this LONG post. ;-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Chad said...

What is the story about the flashlight and the Jurassic Park Cup?

Saturday, December 17, 2005 10:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home