Sunday, December 25, 2005

Christmas

It was wonderful having Christmas on Sunday. I loved going to church and taking the Sacrament. We had a beautiful choir program, and it was very uplifting. (And I finished my Book of Mormon this morning.)

I was a little surprised at how emotional I was. I had thought that I was holding up pretty well. But the music, or the Spirit, or the reality of the emptiness brought out the tears. Unfortunately, I was playing the organ, and I didn't have a Kleenex with me. So I tried unobtrusively to scrape away the tears (and wipe the nose) without a tissue. I tried not to use my sleeve, but I still had tears all over my face by the end of the meeting. Elaine Christensen gave me a big smacker hug, and she got MY tears all over HER cheeks. It was a little embarrassing.

It was very nice having family over. We ate WAY too much of a wonderful dinner, and so I will probably be on a diet for a few days now. (I can't start tomorrow because we are all going to the Nutcracker, and out to lunch first. Maybe Tuesday . . . )

It was nice talking to Kip and Kris (and William) on Skype.

Thanks, family, for being there for me. I love you all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kip said...

Skyping was fun. Not as fun as being there in person, but it was good to SEE everyone.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005 12:43:00 PM  
Blogger MacNCow said...

Everyone but Chad and Angie...

Tuesday, December 27, 2005 8:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home